December 21, 2010

Stresssssssss

Just thought I'd post a little and take a break from my other stress-inducing activities...which shall remain unnamed at the moment. Basically, this post is a conglomeration of multiple different ideas and topics. Brace yourself for multiple trains of thought.

Recently, I've been hooked onto those cute little love quotes/poems/whatever you'd call them. At the same time, reading the sweet confessions of others makes me mourn my own loveless state...

I've also been hooked onto an online photo editor program (which is fantastic, by the way): Pixlr.com With it, I've been able to create effects similar to those found on Adobe's Photoshop, but on any computer with access to the internet - not just those with the expensive program loaded. Granted, Photoshop is more advanced and intricate, but for my level of image enhancement/creation, Pixlr is fine just the way it is. I've also discovered Picnik.com, similar to Pixlr, but without an image creation element - rather, you can edit the photos you already have with some pretty cool preset editing options.

Speaking of liking something just the way it is, it seems the music scene has been changing quite rapidly. For those of you who haven't heard by now, there is a music mixing master who creates a giant mashup of the top 25 songs of the year (according to Billboard's US charts): DJ Earworm. However, his mashups aren't just clips of each of the songs one after another. Rather, he forms them into an actual song using snippets and clips of the singers and the instrumentals. On his website he has downloads for most (if not all) of the mashups he has done in the past.

If you wanted to get to know someone with just one question, what would it be? Is there anything you can learn from their political stance? Favorite color? The country they've always wanted to (re)visit?
I dare you all to answer these questions in a comment. Actually, I double-dog-dare you. Why, yes, I did just go back to elementary school with that.

Here's a couple of corny jokes just to end this post.
Where did Napoleon keep his armies?
Up his "sleevies"!
What cat should you never play games with?
A "cheetah"!
Simba and Mufasa (from Disney's The Lion King) are racing. Who will win?
Mufasa because he "mufasa" ("mu fasta" [moves faster])!

With those fabulously corny jokes and that double-dog-dare (oh, no, did you forget already? Don't you dare forget!), I'll leave you to find your peace own now.

Little Star

2 comments:

  1. ahhhh...love confessionss......lol

    I can totally tell your doing...oops I meant...avoiding college apps :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your stresses don't totally drag you down. Good thoughts and, yeah...really corny jokes!

    ReplyDelete

Something to say? Comment here!