February 09, 2011

The race is nowhere near done.

January 1st is a low because that's the day most of my college apps were due (granted, I got them in before the deadline, but for the sake of example...). January 2 is the day I thought began my freedom. As the month of January progressed, I realized...there was still more to do. By the time February 1 rolled around, I was at the same level as January 1st because I realized just how much was still left to do...

Just as I was getting ready to heave a sigh of relief (or rather, I did begin to sigh in relief when I realized that...), the work never ends.

The college application process really never ends until you're actually at the school. The second you finish your regular essays for supplements and common apps, you start working on financial aid applications (who knew how hard it was to figure out just how much money you had saved up?). Or essays for scholarships. Or videos for scholarships. Or science fair projects for scholarships.
After you get accepted, you go on visits to decide which one. When you decide, you have to start figuring out tuition and room and board and classes. Meanwhile, you're still frantically finishing scholarship applications. Finally, August rolls around and it's finally here. Then you start school and the homework and classwork begins. When you graduate from college it's back the drawing board: graduate school or a job.

Whatever it is, the work just goes on.

Anyways. Enough depressing thoughts of never-ending work. My little brother started posting more frequently than I did on his blogs (yes, blogs. He has three - even more than I do! His latest endeavor--and the blog I think he'll update the most frequently because there's a definite focus--is williamsmusic101), so I took that as a sign that I should probably increase the number of postings I have for my two blogs...

See you soon,
Little Star

No comments:

Post a Comment

Something to say? Comment here!